Weekly Coal Production Report: November 29, 2012
November 29, 2012
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended
November 24, 2012.
For the week ended November 24:
• U.S. coal production totaled approximately 19.2 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 4.1 percent lower than last week's estimate and
9.7 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2011
• Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled about 7.7 mmst
• Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled about 11.5 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 919.9 mmst, 6.3 percent lower than the
comparable year-to-date coal production in 2011
• An evaluation of the Weekly Coal Production Report has been done to compare 2011
estimates with 2011 actual Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) production.
It is available under "Coal Production Estimates Evaluation".
Posted: November 29, 2012