Ron Peck, President and COO of Alaska Travel Industry Association (ATIA) Announces Resignation
Anchorage, Alaska – November 5, 2012 – After more than ten years of service to the Alaska Travel Industry Association (ATIA), President and COO Ron Peck announced today his resignation. In order to assure a smooth transition of leadership, Ron has agreed to remain with the organization for an indefinite time through the transition of a successor.
Mr. Peck assumed his role in July of 2002 and has led the organization through periods of strong growth, significant challenge and more recently, strong recovery. Some of the highlights of his time with the organization include:
- Developed a strong destination organization team that effectively carried out the national and international tourism marketing effort on behalf of the State of Alaska for nine years.
- Recognized in 2006 for the North To Alaska Highway international cooperative marketing program with Canadian jurisdictions by receiving the Destiny award from the US Travel Industry Association
- Cooperatively worked with fellow convention and visitor bureaus to increase Japan Airlines tour charter flights for winter and summer to over 37 annually from an initial offering of eight summer only flights in 2003.
- Collaborated with the Alaska Region National Park Service on a unique marketing program geared to promote all 16 of Alaska’s National Parks
- Took an active role in the Development of the Denali National Park vehicle management plan which will impact visitor experiences for the next 15 years.
- Served on USTravel Association Board of Directors for four years
“I have truly enjoyed my tenure with this great organization,” Peck said. “The Alaska travel industry is full of diverse and interesting people and through this opportunity I have been fortunate to meet many great business people and associates from all over the state. Given the evolving role of ATIA in the state Marketing program, I felt this was a good time to look for my next challenge. I want to recognize the Board of Directors and especially my team of colleagues at ATIA who have supported me so amazingly during the past decade.”
“Ron’s extraordinary commitment to the organization over the years is greatly acknowledged and appreciated,” said Kirk Hoessle, ATIA Board Chair. “He has led us through many challenges and has created a solid foundation for continued success. The Board is especially appreciative that Ron is willing to continue to work with us for the near future and keep the organization’s activities on task as we seek a new leader. Plans are under way to announce the position opening and begin a recruitment process,” Hoessle said.
Alaska Travel Industry Association
2600 Cordova St, Suite 201, Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone: 907-929-2842, Fax: 907-561-5727