Electric Power Monthly & Electricity Monthly Update – November 2012
The Electricity Monthly Update, November 2012 edition presenting September 2012 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- Almost all regions of the country observed an increase in natural gas-fired generation when compared to September 2011. However, just like last month, Texas was the outlier because the State observed above average temperatures in September 2011, while in 2012, Texas observed average temperatures during the month.
- Average wholesale electricity prices remained below $50/MWh for most of the country for most of September, though prices exceeded $60/MWh at the beginning of the month in ERCOT, PJM, and NYISO.
- After reaching a low of $2.03 / MMBtu in April 2012, the price of Henry Hub natural gas has increased by over 46 percent to $2.96 / MMBtu in September 2012.
See the full Electricity Monthly Update report at:
The Electric Power Monthly, November 2012 edition presenting September 2012 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- In September 2012, net generation in the United States was down 1.0 percent from September 2011.
- Retail sales of electricity were down 2.6 percent from September 2011.
- The average U.S. retail price of electricity in September 2012 was up 0.2 percent from September 2011.
See the full Electric Power Monthly report at:
Contact: Electricity data experts