JAL Extends Free Transportation of Relief Goods to Thailand
Japan Airlines (JAL) extends its condolence to those affected by the serious flooding in Thailand in recent weeks.
JAL will provide from Japan, free transport of relief goods at the request of central and local governments and authorities, embassies, United Nations agencies based in Japan, and the non-governmental organization Japan Platform*. Additionally, addressees of the emergency supplies must also be recognized public organizations in Thailand.
JAL will transport free of charge, relief goods and materials on scheduled JAL Group operated flights from Tokyo's Narita and Haneda airports, as well as Osaka (Kansai) to Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International Airport between November 10 and December 9, 2011.
Supplies will be carried as air freight and under the conditions specified below:
- The shipper and consignee are eligible organizations
- Contact information of the shipper and consignee are clear
- Arrangements for customs clearance and surface transport at the departure point and arrival point must be completed by the shipper beforehand
- Shipments must not contain dangerous goods, live animals, or other restricted items
- The weight of each shipment must not be more than 1 ton.
- The time between receiving the shipment and its arrival in Bangkok must be within approximately one week.
For any enquiry, please call 03-5460-3104 between 09:30 to 18:30 (JST) from Mondays to Fridays.
* Japan Platform is a facility to provide humanitarian assistance to major disasters and humanitarian crisis through coordination among various organizations. For more information, visit: http://www.japanplatform.org/top.html%0d
Posted: November 9, 2011