UAS Sitka Campus hosts 2013 graduation ceremony on May 3 2013
SITKA, Alaska, April 29, 2013 – The University of Alaska Southeast Sitka Campus will honor the Class of 2013 during its commencement ceremony at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 3, at UAS Sitka Campus Room 229.
This year’s graduation ceremony will be the first to join two University of Alaska campuses, as some students who are graduating from UAS Sitka Campus programs will participate from the University of Alaska Anchorage. The UAS Sitka Campus is known for its e-Learning programs, which allow students from across the state and even the Lower 48 to take classes from their home communities.
Students being honored on Friday include those receiving bachelor and associate degrees, one-year certificates, occupational endorsements and certified nurse aide accreditations. Roger Schmidt, the executive director of the Sitka Fine Arts Camp, will be the commencement speaker. A reception hosted by the UAS Student Government Association will take place at the UAS Atrium immediately following the graduation ceremony.
The list of graduates includes (CL = Cum Laude, 3.5-3.79 GPA; MCL = Magna Cum Laude, 3.8-3.99 GPA):
- Bachelor of Arts -- Erin Anne Weekly
- Bachelor of Business Administration -- Lauren Burkhart Estes; Jonathan Thomas Satre
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts -- Robin Garnick (MCL); Katherine R. Johnson (MCL); Howard Brent Merkel; Michael Robert Stenberg
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration -- Austin Navarro
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information and Office Systems (CIOS) -- Annmarie Roles
- Associate of Applied Science in Fisheries Technology -- Peter E. Austin (CL)
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Management (HIM) -- Jeanette P. Bailey; Lorraine Louise Carpenter; Sharon Carmen Carter; Jessica Katherine Fink; Vicki Lynn Hamilton; Penny Leigh Kinnard (CL); Agnes Lundy; Janice Norman (CL); Louann Kellogg Peery; Elvira L. Stevens
- Associate of Arts -- Phillip Heath Altman; Richard P. Carlos; Amy L. Crews; Elizabeth Nola Howard (CL); Angelene Lynette Ketah; Nicole Linn Smith
- Computer Information and Office Systems Certificate -- Annmarie Roles
- HIM Coding Specialist Certificate -- Ellen A. Brandt; Robin R. Eberline; Jessica Katherine Fink; Agnes Lundy; Cara L. Marcuson; Louann Kellogg Peery; Maria L. Rau
HIM Healthcare Privacy and Security Certificate -- Jessica Katherine Fink; Agnes Lundy; Marie
- Nursing Certificate -- Roman Igorevich Sorokin
- Occupational Endorsement: Administrative Office Support -- Annmarie Roles
- Occupational Endorsement: Construction Technology -- Justin Adam Andrew; Marita Fuller; Kenneth Joseph Jackson; Aaron Lawrence; Russ Lawrence; Christopher Pleasant; Gregory Vance
- Occupational Endorsement: Health Information Technology -- Agnes Lundy
- Occupational Endorsement: Welding Technology -- Jack Elook; Christopher Journey; Nelson Kanuk; David Olin; Marsha Togiak; Tommy Togiak
- Certified Nurse Aide -- Kristin Bartels; Teagan Bickar; Cheyanne Chikigak; Casey Comas; Sabrina Gamble; Makayla Huls; Polly Katelnikoff; Angelene Ketah; Heidi Kritz; Chanei Pingayak; Alex Quintin; Laurie Serka; Margaret Therchik; Jessica Warren; JettaFay Workman
To learn more about UAS Sitka Campus programs, stop by the campus, call 747-7700, or go online at www.uas.alaska.edu/sitka.