Rasmuson Foundation Announces 36 1st Qtr Grants
First Quarter Grants Announced
An alphabetized list of awards can be found attached to this release. Past awards are also searchable online here.
The Tier 1 program is a cornerstone of Rasmuson Foundation’s grantmaking and provides grants up to $25,000 for capital projects, technology upgrades, capacity building, program expansion, and creative works. Applications are accepted year-round. Examples of Tier 1 grants made during the period are:
· Alaska Pacific University (Anchorage) will develop a master plan for the Kellogg Farm campus in Palmer
· Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center (Girdwood) to build a walkway and educational venue
· Juneau Jazz and Classics (Juneau) to purchase equipment and furniture.
· Nunakauyarmiut Tribe (Toksook Bay) will purchase a snowmachine for the recycling program.
· Petersburg Borough (Petersburg) for refinishing the community gym floor.
· Alaska Sealife Center (Seward) will add a fisheries exhibit.
· University of Alaska Foundation – UAF Bristol Bay Campus (Dillingham) to purchase audio and video conference equipment for the Science Center in Dillingham.
· Valley Community for Recycling Solutions (Wasilla) will buy a skid steer loader.
· Women in Safe Homes (Ketchikan) is completing upgrades to security and the electrical system.
The Arts Acquisition Fund was initiated in 2003 and provides grants to Alaska museums and collecting institutions to purchase current work by practicing Alaskan artists. The program is administered by Museums Alaska. Examples of work acquired through the program can be seen in Rasmuson Foundation’s online gallery titled Art on Display, accessed from the front page of the Foundation’s website.
About the Foundation
The Rasmuson Foundation was created in May 1955 by Jenny Rasmuson to honor her late husband E.A. Rasmuson. The Foundation is a catalyst to promote a better life for all Alaskans.
Posted: May 7, 2013