Electric Power Monthly & Electricity Monthly Update- May 2013
The Electricity Monthly Update, May 2013 edition presenting March 2013 data, has been released. Highlights include:
• Net generation in the United States increased 5.3 percent compared to March 2012, mainly due to record warm temperatures in March 2012 and more average temperatures in March 2013.
• The natural gas price for New York City (Transco Zone 6 NY) dropped dramatically from the previous two months where the price averaged above $10.00 / MMBtu in January and February.
• Wholesale electricity prices remained below $60/MWh for most of the country for most of March, though prices in New England and New York went through large upswings throughout the month.
• Feature article on how the rainfall in April in the Northwest led to a brief surge in hydroelectric output.
See the full Electricity Monthly Update report at:
The Electric Power Monthly, May 2013 edition presenting March 2013 data, has been released. Highlights include:
• In March 2013, net generation in the United States was up 5.3 percent from March 2012.
• Retail sales of electricity were up 4.2 percent from March 2012.
• The average U.S. retail price of electricity in March 2013 was up 1.4 percent compared to March 2012.
See the full Electric Power Monthly report at: