Weekly Coal Production Report: May 17, 2012
Check out Today in Energy - highlighting current issues, topics, and data trends in short articles published every weekday.
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended May 12, 2012.
For the week ended May 05:
• U.S. coal production totaled approximately 17.9 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is the same as last week's estimate and 13.3 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2011
• Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled 8.3 mmst
• Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled 9.6 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 364.9 mmst, 8.1 percent lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2011
For more information: http://www.eia.gov/cneaf/coal/weekly/weekly_html/wcppage.html
Posted: May 17, 2012