Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup Week : Friday and Saturday Highlights
Fri./ Sat. Last Days of Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup Week
Anchorage/Eagle River/ Chugiak/ Girdwood
Pickup your orange bags (two per person) at all Fred Meyer locations from now until Saturday.
Then, visit CitywideCleanup.org and choose your pickup area on our interactive map. Gather your team and clean through Saturday.
But wait, don't forget to deliver your trash to the Anchorage Regional Landfill, Central Transfer Station or Girdwood Transfer Station.
See below. More on disposal regulations here.
Join the team. Keep citywide clean!
Friday Clean Sweep Celebration
AT&T Sports Pavilion
1 to 4 p.m.
The Anchorage Chamber's Clean Sweep Celebration will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. on Friday, May 18 at the AT&T Sports Pavilion at 11051 O'Malley Sports Centre Dr.
At the end of a busy cleanup week, the Anchorage Chamber invites businesses and residents to celebrate the end of Citywide Cleanup Week at this event, full of free food and beverages from Subway of Alaska and Sam's Club, awesome door prizes, more orange bags, a chance to win a hotel and rail package from Princess Tours, games, music, and the new Clean Sweep Trade Show.
The first annual Clean Sweep Trade Show is designed to showcase businesses and non-profit organizations specializing in waste removal, recycling, and conservation.
This is a free event and is open to the public.
Saturday Free Dump Day
Anchorage Regional Landfill, Central Transfer Station or Girdwood Transfer Station
8 to 5 p.m. (10 to 5 p.m. in Girdwood)
Solid Waste Services (SWS) will provide Anchorage with one more chance to dispose of larger trash items during its Free Dump Day this Saturday.
Reminder: All trash in orange bags can be dumped for free from now until Saturday.
· Loads must be in a car, unmodified pickup trailer or trailer with the load not to exceed the size of a standard pickup bed (8 feet by 5.5 feet wide and 3 feet high).
· All loads must be secured or covered to prevent spillage in transit and must not exceed 1,000 pounds.
· All loads exceeding this limit will be weighed and charged $68 per ton at CTS and $58 a ton at ARL.
· Free disposal includes five gallons of waste oil, one car battery and up to 40 pounds of household waste per day.
· There is a $20 charge for appliances containing Freon such as refrigerators or freezers.
· Most household chemicals can be taken by Emerald the SWS Hazardous Waste Facility, in 40 lb limits, throughout the year.
· Visit muni.org/sws and look up the "How Do I Dispose Of" section for more information.
The Anchorage Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit business organization with nearly 1,100 members representing roughly 63,000 employees. For businesses interested in membership, annual fees are based on the type of organization and number of full-time year-round employees. More information about the Anchorage Chamber and the "Make it Monday" forum is available at Anchoragechamber.org, or by calling 272-2401.
Posted: May 17, 2012