Delegation Announces Grants and Contracts to Alaska ProgramsWashington, D.C. - The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants and contracts awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:
· $605,941 to Bristol Bay Borough for Health Center Cluster Demonstration projects.
Corporation for National and Community Service:
· $111,945 Learn and Serve America grant to Cook Inlet Tribal Council. This grant is to involve school-age youth in service-learning projects that simultaneously support student development and meet community needs in areas such as environment, education, public safety, and other human needs.
U.S. Department of Agriculture:
- $41,250 to Alatna Village for preliminary cost and design analysis associated with the preparation of a Preliminary Engineering Report and an Environmental Report for a proposed project of solid waste improvements.
- $416,729 Housing Choice Voucher award to Alaska Housing Finance Corporation.
- $2,236,330 to Copper River Basin Regional Housing Authority.
- $9,043,151 to Interior Regional Housing Authority.
- $136,856 to the Native Village of Tyonek.
- $240,248 to Nulato Village.
Posted: May 21, 2010
More Government & Politics »