Anchorage Roads Project Traffic DelaysLast Updated May 10, 2010
Thank you for visiting Anchorageroads.org. Please expect road construction at the following locations:
1) Lake Otis Pkwy. and Tudor Rd. Intersection Drivers should expect new traffic patterns and multiple lane closures through July. Drivers should also expect flagging operations near and at the intersection of Lake Otis Pkwy. and Tudor Rd. for major road reconstruction. Nighttime construction activity is actively taking place. Please drive with caution and obey all traffic control devices and reduced speed limits.
The intersection of Lake Otis Pkwy. and Tudor Rd. will be closed from Friday, May 14th at 8:00 PM through Monday, May 17th at 6:00 AM and again from Friday, May 21st at 8:00 PM through Monday, May 24th at 6:00 AM. Business access will be permitted during these closures. Please follow construction signs for detour routes.
Lake Otis and Tudor Plaza access will be permitted from the Lake Otis entrance and Tudor entrance.
Access to the Tudor Medical Plaza and the Frontier Mall will be permitted from Laurel Street via Tudor.
Expected Completion: October, 2010
Information: QAP, 522-2211; DOT, 646-2300 or click here for more information.
2) Old Seward Hwy. between O'Malley Rd. and Brandon St. Beginning Sunday, May 9th at 8:00 PM through Friday, May 14th at 6:00 AM, Industry Way just east of the Old Seward Hwy. will be closed to traffic. Follow construction signs for detour routes.
Beginning Thursday, May 13th at 8:00 PM through Sunday, May 16th at 6:00 AM, 120th Avenue will be closed just west of the Old Seward Highway. Please follow construction signs for detour routes.
Drivers should be alert to intermittent lane restrictions and delays through August. Please watch for construction crews, follow appropriate detour routes and drive safely.
Expected Completion: August, 2010
Information: QAP, 770-0803; DOT, 868-3615
3) Providence Dr. between Lake Otis Pkwy. and UAA Dr. On Wednesday, May 12th between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM, drivers should expect a full closure on Providence Dr. between Lake Otis Pkwy. and UAA Dr. for utility work. Please follow appropriate detour routes.
Information: Seacoast Construction, 345-5219
4) B St. at W. 5th Ave. Beginning Friday, May 21st at 8:00 PM through Monday, May 24th at 6:00 AM, the intersection of W. 5th Ave. and B St. will be closed to traffic. Please follow construction signs for detour routes.
Information: Granite Construction, 344-2593 or click here or more information.
5) Muldoon Rd. between E. 36th Ave. and Glenn Hwy. Drivers should expect lane restrictions and delays at the intersection of Muldoon Rd. and E. 6th Ave. for road construction. Please use alternate routes to avoid delays.
Expected Completion: Mid-August, 2010
Information: Pruhs Construction, 350-6908
6) Chester Creek Trail Improvements The Chester Creek Trail between Elmore Rd. and Northern Lights Blvd. is closed to the public for major trail improvements through August, 2010. Please use alternate routes.
Information: Roger Hickel Construction, 336-4133, DOT, 269-8756 or click here for more information.
7) Old Glenn Hwy. from West Lake Ridge Dr. to S. Birchwood Loop Rd. The Old Glenn Hwy. from West Lake Ridge Dr. to Fish Hatchery Rd. will be closed from Friday, May 14th at 8:00 PM through Monday, May 17th at 6:00 AM for road construction. Local traffic will be permitted. Please follow construction signs for detour routes.
At other times, be alert to single-lane traffic on the Old Glenn Hwy. from Fire Lake Rd. to West Lake Ridge Dr.
Expected Completion: August, 2010
Information: Pruhs Construction
8) Glenn Hwy. Resurfacing - Hiland Rd. to Eklutna Rd. Drivers should expect lane restrictions on the Hiland Rd. and S. Eagle River Rd. exits through Thursday, May 13th. Ramp restrictions at S. Eagle River Rd. will be on the southbound Glenn Hwy. on-ramp and northbound off-ramp, beginning Wednesday, May 5th through Sunday, May 9th.
Information: QAP, 522-2211
9) Anchorage Market and Festival - W. 3rd Ave. between C St. and E St. Beginning Saturday, May 8th through Sunday, September 5th (Saturdays and Sundays only), drivers should expect lane closures and short delays on W. 3rd Ave. between C St. and E St. for the Anchorage Market and Festival. Please watch for pedestrians and drive with caution.
Information: Webb's Consulting, 272-5635
Posted: May 10, 2010
More Latest News »