AT&T Customers Can Donate Via Text to Chile Recovery EffortsDallas, Texas, March 1, 2010
In the wake of Saturday's devastating earthquake in Chile, AT&T* customers can use their wireless phones to donate money to support relief efforts in Chile.
To make donations via text, customers can send a keyword to the short code designated for the organizations they wish to support. The customer will then receive a confirmation message, to which he or she should reply "yes" to finalize the donation. One hundred percent of all money donated will be passed on to the organization the customer selected, and AT&T will waive text-messaging fees for the donations.
The short codes are:
- Text "4CHILE" to 50555 to donate $10 to support Chile relief efforts through Convoy of Hope
- Text "CHILE" to 50555 to donate $10 to support Chile relief efforts through the Friends of the World Program
- Text "CHILE" to 25383 to donate $10 to support Chile relief efforts through Habitat for Humanity
- Text "REBUILD" to 50555 to donate $10 to support Chile relief efforts through Operation USA
- Text "CHILE" to 52000 to donate $10 to support Chile relief efforts through The Salvation Army
- Text "CHILE" to 20222 to donate $10 to support Chile relief efforts through World Vision
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates - AT&T operating companies - are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T | DIRECTVSM brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T's Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine's list of the World's Most Admired Companies.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
Posted: March 2, 2010
More Latest News »