Four Entertainers Join 2014 Fair AT&T Concert Series
Fair Welcomes The All-American Rejects, Bachman & Turner with Blue Öyster Cult, KC and the Sunshine Band, and Michael W. Smith
Palmer, Alaska – The Alaska State Fair welcomes The All-American Rejects, Bachman & Turner with Blue Öyster Cult, KC and the Sunshine Band, and Michael W. Smith as the latest additions to the 2014 AT&T Concert Series line-up. Tickets go on sale to the general public at noon on Friday, June 13. Fair members can reserve tickets early. All shows take place at the Kendall Toyota of Anchorage Borealis Theatre.
- KC and the Sunshine Band, Thursday, August 21, 7pm. Called one of the most progressive bands of the 70s, KC and the Sunshine Band is credited with changing the sound of modern pop music. Hits like “Get Down Tonight,” “That’s the Way (I Like It)” and “Shake Your Booty” have resulted in sales of over 100 million records, nine Grammy nominations, three Grammy Awards and an American Music Award.
- Bachman & Turner with Blue Öyster Cult, Sunday, August 24, 6pm. If you loved Bachman-Turner Overdrive, “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet!” Rock ‘n roll giants Randy Bachman and Fred Turner have reunited for the first time in more than 20 years – and they are “Taking Care of Business” as the new, full-throttle rock machine Bachman & Turner. Featured with Blue Öyster Cult, which has been counted among “the greatest hard rock bands of all time,” thrilling fans worldwide for more than four decades with hit classics like "(Don't Fear) The Reaper," "Godzilla" and "Burnin' for You."
- Michael W. Smith, Monday, August 25, 7pm. During his three-decade career, Michael W. Smith has shaped the Christian music landscape with such classic songs as “Healing Rain” and “Friends,” which was named the #1 Song of All Time by CCM Magazine. The Christian music icon has sold more than 15 million albums, scored 28 #1 hits, and earned three Grammys and more than 40 Dove Awards. His most recent worship album, Sovereign, features the single “You Won’t Let Go.”
- The All-American Rejects, Thursday, August 28, 7pm. Formed in 2000 while the lead vocalist and guitarist were still in high school, The All-American Rejects have since graduated to international success, with platinum-selling albums and hits including “Dirty Little Secret,” “Move Along,” “It Ends Tonight” and “Gives You Hell.” The punk-pop band’s most recent album, Kids in the Street, came out in 2012, featuring “Beekeeper’s Daughter” and “Someday’s Gone.”
These four entertainers join the seven previously announced 2014 AT&T Concert Series entertainers, including:
- Seether, Friday, August 22, 7pm
- Thompson Square, Saturday, August 23, 7pm
- TESLA, Tuesday, August 26, 7pm
- Brett Eldredge, Wednesday, August 27, 7pm
- Three Days Grace, Friday, August 29, 7pm
- The Stars of Duck Dynasty: An Evening with the Robertsons, Saturday, August 30, 7pm
- Pentatonix, Monday, September 1, 3pm
In-depth entertainer information, including ticket prices, bios, photos and performance samples, is available on the Fair website, alaskastatefair.org.
Tickets for Seether, Thompson Square, TESLA, Brett Eldredge, Three Days Grace, The Stars of Duck Dynasty, and Pentatonix are currently on sale to the general public. Tickets to the four newly announced shows will be on sale to the general public at noon on Friday, June 13. There are three easy ways to buy:
- Online at alaskastatefair.org and print at home. Convenience fees apply, and Fair admission is additional.
- Via mobile phone. The Fair’s online sales process is now compatible with mobile phones, so concert-goers can purchase tickets from their phone just as easily as from their computer! Convenience fees apply, and Fair admission is additional.
- The Kendall Toyota Borealis Box Office during the Fair. (No convenience fees at the box office. Fair admission additional.)
Concertgoers can be sure to get the best seats before they sell out by becoming a Fair member. Fair members can reserve tickets early, before they go on sale to the general public. Plus, members receive an invitation – including Fair admission for two and a parking permit – to attend the Director’s Reception on Thursday, August 21. An annual membership is $25, and the membership form is available online at alaskastatefair.org.
Posted: June 11, 2014