ANC: Anchorage Airport Update June 2014
1) Part 150 Noise Study:
- The next Study input committee meeting is on Wednesday, July 9th at 1:30 p.m., in the Airfield Maintenance Facility at 5740 DeHavilland Avenue. The draft recommendations for land use, administrative, and facility noise abatement measures will be presented and discussed.
- Web site is anc150study.com for information and to send comments, questions and request to receive notifications/updates.
2) Master Plan:
- The draft Master Plan Update report is being prepared and is estimated to be complete at the end of June. The draft report will include chapters on the Airport’s inventory, facility requirements, alternatives and more, and will be available for public review. After release of the draft report, the public will have a 60 day review period to comment on the document prior to final publication. The Airport will consider and respond to all comments received in that time frame.
- Website is www.ancmasterplan.com for information and to send comments, questions and request to receive notifications/updates.
- An expansion of the landside seating area for Norton Sound Seafood House is complete. Awaiting approval for a liquor license to open.
- A new Benefit Cosmetics Zoom kiosks (vending machine) will be installed in the terminal near Gate C2 in May that will sell toiletries and cosmetics
- Host International is applying for a liquor license for an existing restaurant, Norton Sound Seafood House mentioned above, and a proposed bar near Gate C6.
4) Lake Hood Seaplane Base:
- Lake Hood Seaplane Base Master Plan Update: There was a public kick-off meeting May 15, at the Alaska Aviation Museum to collect input on issues the public would like to see addressed in the Lake Hood Master Plan Update. Currently working to refine the project scope and get the consultant under contract to begin work. Expect to have public meetings beginning in October.
- Weed Harvester: The weed harvester has been operating for 65 hours already in May maintaining clear taxi and takeoff lanes for float planes. Slip owners are responsible for removing weeds that are their slips. Long rakes are available for loan from the Lake Hood Office for slip holders. Airport Airfield Maintenance is available to haul off piles of aquatic vegetation placed near the road side. Please contact the Lake Hood Office (907) 266-2410 for coordination.
- Water Quality: The Airport is monitoring the water quality in Lakes Hood and Spenard this summer. No water quality issues were noted in May sampling event.
5) 2014 Summer Construction: Information on the summer construction projects at the airport is posted on our website, www.anchorageairport.com.
6) FCC Property: Late April the Airport became owner of the former FCC Property along Raspberry Road.
7) Sign up for GovDelivery: www.anchorageairport.com to receive emails on all sorts of DOT related things.
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities oversees 254 airports, 11 ferries serving 35 communities, 5,619 miles of highway and 720 public facilities throughout the state of Alaska. The mission of the department is to Keep Alaska Moving through service and infrastructure.