It Happens Thursday: International Trade Boot Camp Series - How to Finance Your Export Business?
World Trade Center Alaska together with Alaska Export Assistance Center, and other community and business partners, have
developed a new program, INTERNATIONAL TRADE BOOT CAMP SERIES, that will take place this summer.
We invite you to participate in an exclusive training program that will feature six half-day MODULES designed to give you strategies, insights, and a ready network of contacts necessary to successfully expand your sales globally. If you are a beginner who believes exporting could be a part your growth strategy or already an experienced exporter, these Boot Camps will provide you with the hands on tools and the latest information necessary to succeed in the ever-changing environment of international trade and commerce. In addition, though the Boot Camps, you will become informed about the effective finance and marketing assistance currently available through both state and federal agencies and walk away knowing precisely how to leverage these resources.
Selling your products and services overseas is both profitable and culturally rewarding for all companies that want to prosper in today's global marketplace. SIGN UP TODAY!
Module 1: Export Financing
June 13, 2013 (Thursday)
This Module is important for companies seeking financing for their export operations. Presenters will discuss the financing programs available through their agencies in cooperation with local commercial banks.
- Sam Dickey, Deputy District Director, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Jeff San Juan, Business Relationship Manager, Wells Fargo Bank Alaska- Minority Small Business Development Agency (invited)
- Paul Watts, Senior Export Finance Manager, Export-Import Bank of the U.S., San Francisco Branch Office
- Greg Wolf, Executive Director, WTCAK - Alaska Export Assistance Center
Module 2: Legal Aspects of International Trade
June 20, 2013 (Thursday)
- U.S. Department of Justice (FBI)
- International Business Attorney
Schedule for the rest of the Boot Camps TBA soon!
Other modules will cover the following topics:
- International Sales, Promotion & Local Resources
- Trade Documentation & Shipping Overseas
- Establishing International Distribution Channels & Market Entry Strategies
- Using Social Media to Market Your Company
For more information, please visit our website: wtcak.org