Weekly Coal Production Report: June 28, 2012]
June 28, 2012
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended
June 23, 2012.
For the week ended June 23:
• U.S. coal production totaled approximately 19.2 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 1.0 percent higher than last week's estimate and
2.3 percent lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2011
• Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled 8.3 mmst
• Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled 11.0 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 486.2 mmst, 6.1 percent lower than the
comparable year-to-date coal production in 2011
January through March 2012 weekly and monthly production estimates have been revised
to match the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) 2012 quarter 1 surveyed production.
For more information:
Posted: June 28, 2012