Research and Markets: The US Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill Disaster - Does It Herald A Decline In The US Offshore Oil And Gas Industry?DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of GlobalData 's new report "The US Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill Disaster - Does It Herald A Decline In The US Offshore Oil And Gas Industry?" to their offering.
The Deepwater Horizon oil spill has raised several questions about the future of offshore drilling in the US. The 5,000 barrels per day of oil spilling out from the well has caused serious environmental and economic damage in the Gulf of Mexico. All the attempts to stop the leakage have failed and the spill is now poised to become the largest oil spill in the history of the US oil and gas industry. The spill has once again spurred a backlash against offshore drilling in the US. Consequently, the massive oil spill is expected to play a pivotal role in the formulation of the future oil and gas policies in the US, especially the offshore drilling regulations. The spill will lead to stricter regulations regarding the current drilling in the country and will also decide the fate of future offshore exploration activities, especially in new areas such as the Outer Continental Gulf and Alaska. However the long term prospects for the exploration and production activity in the offshore regions are expected to be positive due to the potential in terms of oil and gas reserves.
- Analyses the impact of the recent BP oil spill in the US Gulf of Mexico on the offshore exploration and production industry in the US.
- Discusses the details of the oil spill and the possible reasons leading to the oil spill.
- Provides a comparison of the current oil spill with the other historical oil spill disasters in the US.
- Analyses the impact of the oil spill on the US energy policies and regualtions.
- Analyses the implications of the oil spill on the environment and the companies involved.
- Understand the implications of the oil spill disaster on the US offshore exploration and production industry and the US energy policy and regulations.
- Gain understanding of similar historical oil spill disasters.
- Understand the effect of the oil spill on the companies involved.
- 1.1 List of Tables
- 1.2 List of Figures
- 2 Summary
- 3 The US Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill Disaster - Does It Herald a Decline In The US Offshore Oil And Gas Industry?
- 3.1 The US GOM Oil Spill: A Major Tragedy For The US Oil And Gas Industry
- 3.2 The Spill Could Potentially Be The Biggest Oil Spill In The History of the US
- 3.3 The Spill Will Have A Major Effect On The US Energy Policy and Regulations
- 3.4 The Spill Will Have a Huge Economic and Environmental Impact
- 3.5 Huge Costs Involved in the Aftermath of the Oil Spill will Weigh Down The Companies Involved
- 3.6 Effect Of The Oil Spill On Offshore Exploration and Production in the US
- 4 Appendix
- 4.1 Methodology
- 4.2 Contact Us
- 4.3 Disclaimer
Posted: June 4, 2010
More Latest News »