Regal Cinemas Tikahtnu Stadium 16 opens with digital projection, RealD 3D and Alaska's first IMAXRegal Cinemas opened its Tikahtnu Stadium 16 & IMAX theater at Tikahtnu Commons in northeast Anchorage this week.
Regal is packing 16 screens, including Alaska's first IMAX, and more 3,000 seats into this 72,000-square-foot, state-of-the art theater complex that features all-digital projection and RealD 3D capability. RealD is the cutting edge 3D movie technology used by the biggest blockbusters, including Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, Shrek Forever After and Toy Story 3.
Tikahtnu Stadium 16 & IMAX opens its doors with special preview events on June 7, 8 and 10 and a grand opening on Friday, June 11. Audiences can take advantage of $2 movies, $2 popcorn and $2 sodas all day June 7, 8 and 10 with all proceeds benefiting local charities.
Monday, June 7 showcased super-hero films sponsored by KTUU NBC 2 to support the Alaska State Firefighters Association. Tuesday, June 8 features movies that will be based upon popular books and sponsored by the Anchorage Daily News to benefit the United Way of Anchorage. And all movies on Thursday, June 10 will be family friendly and sponsored by Clear Channel Radio Anchorage to support Wish Upon the North Star.
Regal's Tikahtnu Stadium 16 & IMAX grand opening is Friday, June 11, featuring first-run releases including The A-Team, Karate Kid and Shrek Forever After 3D in the IMAX theater . There will be sweepstakes, giveaways and radio remotes on Friday and every paid admission on June 11-24 includes free popcorn and soft drink. Toy Story 3 in 3D will open in the IMAX theater on June 18.
Tikahtnu Stadium 16 audiences will get Regal treatment, including:
* Alaska's first IMAX(r) and IMAX 3D experience . . . on a 70-foot-wide screen
* Digital projection in every auditorium for crystal-clear pictures
* RealD 3D projection systems for 3D-enhanced movies
* Digital surround sound
* Alternative programming including concerts, opera, Broadway shows and sporting events
* Stadium seating and unobstructed screen views in every auditorium
* High-back rocking recliner seats with retractable cup holders that move out of the way to form seats for two
* Extensive concessions with high-quality, name-brand selections including pizza
* Guest service desk and a spacious lobby
* Party rooms available for birthdays, reunions, parties and more
* Industry-leading Regal Crown Club loyalty rewards program for frequent moviegoers
* Computerized box office and automated ticket purchasing at Regal Express kiosks
The IMAX theater will showcase Hollywood blockbusters and original documentary-style films projected on a specially-designed screen that is slightly curved and positioned to immerse the audience. The IMAX experience features exceptional image quality, proprietary digital surround sound and a patented theater geometry that makes audience members feel like they are IN the movie. IMAX 3D presentations appear to leap off of the screen and into audience members' laps.
Regal Cinemas first came to Alaska in 1998 when it acquired Act III Theatres. It opened the Goldstream Stadium 16 in Fairbanks in 1999. Regal Cinemas is part of Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), the nation's largest motion picture exhibitor, operating 6,739 screens at 545 locations in 38 states and the District of Columbia, including 43 of the top 50 U.S. designated market areas. Learn more about Regal Entertainment Group at REGmovies.com.
Posted: June 8, 2010
More Latest News »