Credit Union 1 Announces 2010 Scholarship WinnersAnchorage, AK - June 10, 2010 - Credit Union 1 is pleased to announce the winners of its 23rd annual Bill Countryman Scholarship program. This year, the credit union awarded funds to nine students in communities throughout Alaska, totaling $9,000 in scholarships toward continued education. Over 50 scholarship applications were received.
- Xavier Mason of Eagle River, AK plans to attend the University of Alaska/Anchorage to study Business.
- Thomas Hammersland-Torres of Ketchikan, AK plans to attend of the University of Idaho/Moscow to study Architecture and Environmental Design.
- Rea Roy of Kodiak, AK plans to attend Brigham Young University to study Accounting.
- Chelsea Homan of Eagle River, AK is currently attending the University of Alaska/Anchorage to study Business Management and Marketing. She is also a 2009 Credit Union 1 scholarship winner.
- Katrina Monta of Ketchikan, AK plans to attend the University of Alaska/Fairbanks to study Civil Engineering.
- Patricia McClory of Ketchikan, AK is currently working on her doctorate in dental medicine at Harvard School of Dental Medicine. She is also a 2009 Credit Union 1 scholarship winner.
- Gordon Smith of Eagle River, AK plans to study Architecture, and his first choice school is Washington State University.
- Amanda Thompson of Kodiak, AK is currently teaching art at the Black Forest Academy in Germany. She will be returning to the U.S. to attend the University of Chicago School of Arts and Architecture to study Graphic Design.
- Sara Kenley of Palmer, AK plans plans to study Civil Engineering, and her first choice school is Brigham Young University/Provo.
About Credit Union 1
Credit Union 1 is an Alaskan financial cooperative with a mission to help members achieve their financial goals by focusing on excellent service and value. Founded over 57 years ago, Credit Union 1 has 15 branches, over 58,500 members, and $713 million in assets. Anyone who lives or works in Alaska is eligible to join Credit Union 1.
Posted: June 10, 2010
More Latest News »