PRSA Alaska Chapter to host Alaska Communicators Exchange
Gain Top-level Writing and Communication Skills at CommEx Conference
ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Professional communicators from all industries will meet for two days of professional development and networking at the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Alaska Chapter’s first statewide conference, the Alaska Communicators Exchange, or CommEx, Aug. 6-7 in downtown Anchorage.
The conference will feature a three-hour keynote session by internationally award-winning communicator Ann Wylie and more than 20 other sessions by leading Alaska communicators.
Sessions are designed by top communications professionals for those interested in emerging and current trends, social media and corporate communications. CommEx speakers will address a variety of topics about current and emerging communication trends, social media, crisis communication and corporate communications. Local programs and speakers include:
- A behind-the-scenes look at the Alaska Dispatch/Anchorage Daily News merger with publisher and chief executive Alice Rogoff
- How to engage, motivate and inspire your employees with Lori Philo-Cook
- The genius of @iloveanchorage and visual storytelling with AEDC’s Valerie Walsh
- A panel featuring Alaska women in non-traditional leader-communicator roles with Linda Leary, Alana Humphrey and more
- Engaging your audience through video with Slavic Boyechko of KSKA's Indie Alaska
- How DJ Spencer Lee uses social media to boost his personal brand
- A media panel discussing impact of social on media with the familiar faces behind KTUU, the Anchorage Daily News and more.
Registration for the conference, to be held at the Dena’ina Civic and Convention Center is now open at prsaalaska.com. Early registration is available for PRSA members at $250 and $300 for non-members until July 14. Late registration is available July 16-Aug. 5 at $300 for PRSA members and $350 for non-members. Parking and hotel discounts are also available for out of town guests.
CommEx is generously sponsored by Alaska Communications, Alaska Housing Finance Corporation, Alyeska Pipeline Service Company, CRW Engineering Group, EasyPark, NANA Development, Pick.Click.Give and Pogo Mine.