Call for Nominations - Alliance Board of Directors
The Alliance board nominations & elections committee is seeking members to serve on the Alliance board of directors. There are seven, three-year terms available in the FY 2015 elections. Election results will be announced at the annual meeting on Thursday, October 2, 2014. Newly elected members will begin serving their term October 3, 2014.
Alliance directors are leaders in the oil, gas and mineral resource industries. They are focused on improving the business climate for the support industry by communicating with legislators and the administration in Juneau, educating the general public about the support industry and issues that affect it, serving on committees and participating in and supporting Alliance events throughout the year. These events are prime networking opportunities for all members of the Alliance.
Board members review industry issues, voice Alliance positions and develop strategies to improve and empower our organization. Directors may serve a maximum of two consecutive 3-year terms.**
If you are interested in running for a seat on the Alliance board of directors, please forward the following materials to the Alliance office:
- Written statement of candidacy — Nominees must confirm their intent to run for a seat on the board. This may be provided in a letter format.
- Biography — A brief summary of employment, involvement in industry and/or business-related organizations and other pertinent information.
- Photograph — Electronic headshot preferred.
Membership in the Alliance must be current to qualify as a candidate.
NOMINATIONS MUST REACH THE ALLIANCE OFFICE BY WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2014
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: 3301 C Street, Suite 205, Anchorage, AK 99503
**Please review the description below of board activities and the time commitment involved.
As a member of the Alaska Support Industry Alliance’s Board of Directors you can estimate your time commitment to the Board by the following events schedule:
- Monthly Board Meetings (9) – Board Meetings are held September through May of each year on the third Thursday of the month. The Association bylaws allow board members to miss three meetings per year.
- Committee Meetings (9) – The Board has four committees and board members are expected to participate in at least one of the committees (Government Relations, Industry Relations, Public Affairs, Membership). These committees also meet monthly, September through May.
- Educational Events (3) – There are three events held throughout the year for the purpose of educating our membership and the public. Meet Alaska is held each January in Anchorage, the Kenai Industry Update is held each January in Kenai, and the Fairbanks Industry Update Forum is held each October in Fairbanks. Board members are encouraged to attend at least one.
- Breakfasts & Lunches – Alliance Breakfast Meetings are held bi-monthly September through May on the second and fourth Thursday of the month. Monthly Chapter Luncheons are held in Kenai and Fairbanks on the third Friday and first Wednesday of the month, respectively. Board members located in Anchorage are asked to participate in breakfasts by introducing guest speakers or providing a “safety moment.”
- Industry Meetings – The Alliance hosts scheduled meetings throughout the year between the Alliance Board and producing and exploring companies.
- Legislative Meetings – The Alliance hosts scheduled meetings through the year, as needed, between the Alliance Board and Federal and State Legislators.