Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Initial Buildout Hits 500 Market and 50 State Milestone
Today, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network reaches a milestone. With the announcement today of 4G LTE coverage available to more than 298 million in the U.S. in 500 markets, the initial rollout of 4G LTE is now substantially complete. To mark this occasion, we’ve dedicated the Verizon Wireless News Center to 4G LTE network news for the entire day – including the announcement of the 500th market: Parkersburg, West Virginia, starting now. Read more about this milestone at: http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/06/verizon-wireless-500-4G-LTE-markets.html
- The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is now available in 500 markets and every state across the country.
- As of today, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network covers more than 298 million people in the United States.
- The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network covers more than 99 percent of its 3G network footprint and is available to more than 95 percent of the U.S. population.
- Verizon Wireless continues to offer customers the largest 4G LTE network in the United States, covering more of the U.S. population than any other 4G LTE network.
- The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is now carrying 57 percent of all of Verizon Wireless data traffic.
Join us as we continue this conversation about the future of 4G LTE at @VZWNews and @VZWScott.
Posted: July 2, 2013
More Telecom & Technology »