Lemonade Day Alaska is excited to share with you another opportunity to showcase your entrepreneurial skills!
Do you have an idea for a new and exciting business or invention? Enter the Bright Ideas contest for your chance to showcase your idea at the Alaska State Fair!
(Open to youth grades 3rd through middle school)
Bright Ideas Youth Showcase at the Alaska State Fair August 27th from 1pm to 5pm!
Bright Ideas is designed to encourage young entrepreneurs to develop a business idea, an invention or submit an idea within a special award category (agriculture, energy, technology). Each youth will be given 3-5 minutes to pitch their product or service and will be encouraged to demonstrate how their product or service addresses an entrepreneurial need or addresses a problem.
Project Categories (Choose one):
Business - Identify an enterprise or business model (trade/sale/goods, services, or both to consumers) that is new to Alaska and will increase the wealth of its owners and address a need that is currently unmet. The business may be not-for-profit, state-owned or privately owned. The business concept should be thought
through enough to identify form of ownership, industry classification, management plan and if it appears financially feasible.
Innovation - Identify a better or more effective product, process, service, technology or idea that can be marketed to consumers, educators, government or private business owners. An innovation is not simply an invention, but something that results in a better product/service, or novel idea/method and improvement to how something is done. Invention may include working products and models of projects.
* The project idea must be initiated and largely carried out by the student. Help from parents or friends is acceptable, but must be documented.
* Projects should address a problem or entrepreneurial need and have a positive impact on society
* Presenters will need to create a poster board display and, if possible, a prototype. These displays will be showcased throughout for review ($15 limit for new materials)
* If entered in the business idea category, projects must include an advertisement in their display
* Students will present and showcase their entrepreneurial
projects at a pre-set time. Don't miss your presentation time!
* Group teams must be no larger than 3 youths
* An inventor's journal, documenting the process and creation of the project, must accompany the display