Electric Power Monthly & Electricity Monthly Update- July 2013
ELECTRIC POWER MONTHLY & ELECTRICITY MONTHLY UPDATE – July 2013
The Electricity Monthly Update, July 2013 edition presenting May 2013 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- Retail sales decreased 3.2 percent compared to last year, due to a significantly warmer May 2012.
- All regions of the country saw a decrease in electricity generation from natural gas compared to the previous May. This reflects decreased demand and the loss of natural gas's price advantage over coal.
- For several months in 2013, Illinois has had the largest year-over-year decline in average revenue per kilowatthour. This month, the 4.7 percent decline in Illinois fell below the 5.2 percent drop in Hawaii.
- A feature article on how wind generating plant efficiency has risen over the past decade.
See the full Electricity Monthly Update report at:
The Electric Power Monthly, July 2013 edition presenting May 2013 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- In May 2013, net generation in the United States was down 4.6 percent from May 2012.
- Wind generation was up 30.2 percent and accounted for 5.1 percent of the national total, up from 3.7 percent in May 2012.
- The average U.S. retail price of electricity in May 2013 was up 2.5 percent compared to May 2012.
See the full Electric Power Monthly report at: