Board of Forestry to meet on August 12-13
(Anchorage, AK) - The Board of Forestry will meet to discuss statewide forestry issues on Monday, August 12, from 8 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and on Tuesday, August 13, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in Soldotna and will be teleconferenced.
The agenda will include reports on:
- Fiscal Year 2013-14 forestry, forest practices, and monitoring budgets
- Proposed Susitna State Forest and negotiated timber sales bill (HB79)
- Recently-adopted mass wasting regulations
- Wood energy in Alaska and state timber sales for wood energy projects
- Division of Forestry program updates
- Federal forest management in Alaska including Tongass and Chugach national forest plans, Roadless Rule implementation, and Southeast land ownership initiatives
- Alaska Timber Jobs Task Force recommendations and implementation
- Boreal Alaska Learning Adaptation and Production (BAKLAP) initiative
- Forestry’s role in land trust funding
- Detailed Plans of Operation for forestry activities
The meeting will also feature a Kenai forestry forum and a panel on bark beetles and forest management on the Kenai Peninsula.
Other forestry matters may be included on the agenda. The meeting is intended to comply with the requirements of AS 41.17.047(b) and (d).
The meeting will be held both days in the Kenai River Center, located on 514 Funny River Road in Soldotna. On the draft agenda, public comment is scheduled for Tuesday, August 13 at 1 p.m.
Teleconference meeting locations have been set up in:
- Anchorage: Suite 1450 of the Atwood Building, located at 550 W. 7th Ave.,
- Fairbanks: State Forester’s Office in the Department of Natural Resources office located at 3700 Airport Way, and
- Juneau, 4th floor conference room of the Department of Natural Resources office located at 400 Willoughby Ave., Suite 400
If you are outside of Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Juneau and would like to participate in the teleconference, please contact Marty Freeman at the Division of Forestry in Anchorage at email@example.com or call her at 269-8467. If no member of the public has contacted Marty or is present at a teleconference location by 9 a.m., the teleconference may be terminated.
For additional information about the meeting, or for special accommodations due to audio or visual impairment, contact Marty using the contact information above. Any individuals wishing to receive future announcements of Board of Forestry meetings by e-mail or in hard copy should contact Marty to be added to the mailing list.
Posted: July 26, 2013