Anchorage's first Maker Faire
This Saturday is the first annual Anchorage Mini Maker Faire from 12-6PM on the lawn and the 1st floor at Loussac.
What you can expect to see:
- Eifel Tower replica, 20 feet high, made of cardboard
- Jet powered bicycle
- Custom built Jet-Skis
- Interactive booths such as learning woodworking skills and soldering your own flashlight
- Speakers throughout the day in the Wilda Marston Theatre on topics such as Making, Makerspaces, 3D Printing, and local inventors will be talking about the products they’ve designed.
- Remote control underwater robots/vehicles
- All power for the day will be provided by a small solar power array.
- Food Trucks.
- And lots of hands-on opportunities.
Cost: $5 for an adult, free for kids 15 and under.
If you have any questions or just want to know more, don’t hesitate to ask!
Paul Baker Innovation Lab Coordinator
Anchorage Public Library
Posted: July 25, 2013
More Telecom & Tech »