Second quarter 2012 results and interim dividend announcement by Shell
- Royal Dutch Shell’s second quarter 2012 earnings, on a current cost of supplies (CCS) basis (see Note 1), were $6.0 billion compared with $8.0 billion in the same quarter a year ago.
- Second quarter 2012 CCS earnings, excluding identified items (see page 6), were $5.7 billion compared with $6.6 billion in the second quarter 2011, a decrease of 13%. Basic CCS earnings per share excluding identified items decreased by 13% versus the same quarter a year ago.
- Cash flow from operating activities for the second quarter 2012 was $13.3 billion. Cash flow from operating activities excluding movements in working capital was $9.5 billion in the second quarter 2012.
- Net capital investment (see Note 1) for the second quarter 2012 was $6.3 billion. Capital investment for the second quarter 2012 was $8.1 billion and proceeds from divestments were some $1.8 billion.
- Total dividends distributed in the quarter were $2.8 billion, of which some $0.6 billion were settled under the Scrip Dividend Programme. Some 26.5 million shares were bought back for cancellation during the quarter for a consideration of $0.9 billion.
- Gearing at the end of the second quarter 2012 was 8.1%.
- A second quarter 2012 dividend has been announced of $0.43 per ordinary share and $0.86 per American Depository Share (ADS), an increase of 2.4% compared with the second quarter 2011.
At 07.00 BST (08.00 CEST and 02.00 EDT) on Thursday 26 July, 2012 Royal Dutch Shell plc released its second quarter results and second quarter interim dividend announcement for 2012.
Second quarter 2012 results video comment
Second quarter 2012 results documents
Second quarter 2012 results webcast
Second quarter 2012 dividend announcement