First National Bank Alaska announces new branch name
ANCHORAGE, Alaska, July 24, 2012 - At today’s groundbreaking for its new branch on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER), First National Bank Alaska announced that the new facility would be named the North Star Branch. Vice Chair Betsy Lawer made the announcement after remarks by bank chairman and president D. H. Cuddy.
“We hope and believe that our new branch will be a shining example of what Alaskans serving Alaskans can be,” said Lawer. “The name is also a reminder of our deep Alaska roots, 90 years strong this year.”
The new 3,950-square-foot branch will have a staff of seven and include two drive-up lanes, a drive-up ATM, and night drop depository. The North Star Branch will also house the first full-function customer kiosk in the First National system, where customers can handle routine banking transactions online without teller assistance.
First National has a history of nearly 70 years of serving Alaska’s military, beginning in 1943 with a facility on Adak, providing banking services to soldiers and civilian workers stationed there during World War II.
Cole & Thompson Architects, headquartered in Anchorage, designed the North Star Branch. MCN Construction, Inc., also of Anchorage, is the primary contractor for branch construction, scheduled for completion in late 2012. Estimated construction cost is $2.1 million.
Established in 1922, First National Bank Alaska is the state’s largest Alaskan-owned and operated bank, with 30 branches in 18 communities throughout Alaska. More information about First National is available at www.FNBAlaska.com.