Electric Power Monthly & Electricity Monthly Update - July 2012
The Electricity Monthly Update, July 2012 edition presenting May 2012 data, has been released. Highlights include:
• Net generation increased in all regions compared to last year as the continental United States experienced its second warmest May on record.
• Coal stocks decreased slightly from the previous month, which marked the first time in nine months that coal stocks did not increase from the previous month.
• Wholesale electricity prices remained below $43/MWh for most of the month and at or near the bottom of the annual range.
• This issue also contains a feature article on coal-fired capacity retirements over the next five years.
See the full Electricity Monthly Update report at:
The Electric Power Monthly, July 2012 edition presenting May 2012 data, has been released. Highlights include:
• In May 2012, net generation in the United States was up 4.0 percent from May 2011.
• Retail sales of electricity were up 3.4 percent from May 2011.
• The average U.S. retail price of electricity in May 2012 was down 1.7 percent from May 2011.
See the full Electric Power Monthly report at:
Contact: Electricity Data Experts
Posted: July 27, 2012