Alaska Outer Continental Shelf Permits
- (Apr. 12, 2012) Final Shell Kulluk Air Permit issued for oil and gas exploration in the Beaufort Sea.
- (Jan. 27, 2012) Final Shell Discoverer Air Permits issued for oil and gas exploration in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas.
EPA is reviewing public comments received on the new draft Beaufort Sea and Chukchi Sea General Permits for waste water discharges from oil and gas exploration activities. The Beaufort Sea and Chukchi Sea General Permits will replace the Arctic General Permit which expired in 2011.
Current and closed air permit applications for Arctic oil and gas exploration:
- Shell Discoverer Air Permit - Beaufort Sea
- Shell Discoverer Air Permit - Chukchi Sea
- Shell Kulluk Air Permit - Beaufort Sea
- ConocoPhillips Air Permit - Chukchi Sea
Questions? Contact Suzanne Skadowski, EPA Community Involvement / Public Affairs, 206-553-6689 or Skadowski.email@example.com Join our mailing list: Sign up for our Arctic air and water permits mailing list to receive email updates about EPA permit activities in Alaska's Outer Continental Shelf and North Slope areas.
In addition to the public participation process, EPA is required to offer federally-recognized Indian tribes the opportunity to consult with EPA on permitting decisions that could impact their resources. This government-to-government consultation may occur before or during the public participation process.