Lakina River Bridge - Open to Limited Loads and Hours of Operation
DOT&PF worked through the night to complete temporary repairs to the Lakina River Bridge, milepost 44.3 of the McCarthy Road. The repairs improve the structural integrity of the bridge, but the bridge is still not able to accommodate heavy loads.
- Load limit on the Lakina River Bridge is a maximum of 6,000 pounds.
- Most passenger cars and light duty pick-up trucks are less than 6,000 pounds.
- The weight of a vehicle is listed on the vehicle registration and inside the driver side door.
- Hours of operation today, Thursday, July 29, are 1:00pm-7:00pm.
- Hours of operation starting Friday, July 30, are 7:00am-7:00pm.
DOT&PF employees will be stationed at the bridge during hours of operation to monitor the size of loads crossing the bridge. Restrictions are in place until further damage assessment can be completed and a repair plan is developed and implemented. Updates are available by calling 511 or visiting 511.Alaska.Gov.