Alaska TravelgramRoad trip to Valdez (#5)
Video, video and more video (#7, #8, #9)
Busy! Summer's here and it's light all night. And sure--like most Alaskans, I have no problem starting a new project early in the afternoon. Say--10:30pm. Then, HEAVENS, I'm surprised to look up as the sun is going down and it's, oh, 1:45am. Y-a-w-n. So, let's do the 1-2-3 so I can take a nap!
Before I forget, I had a nice visit with some airline geeks from Flyertalk.com . Nick Kralev of ontheflyseminars.com came up to do a seminar on paying less and flying more. I sat in at the Sheraton last night and learned some great tricks. We'l review them in future editions. In the meantime, check out this cool page from Fare Compare. Type in your city at the top. It will find some of the cheapest rates around--perfect for a mileage hound like me.
1. Walking with Dinosaurs. The kids will love this. Fly in to Anchorage on Era and save 25 percent.
2. Save $20 on the Seattle TourSaver. This book keeps getting better and better (just like the Alaska book!).
3. See Denali for $99 per day. This is a great way to see the Great One from two sides!
4. I'm feeling so ANDROID-y. Pre-order the next kewl phone from GCI. It's free with a 2-year contract!
5. Valdez Road Trip. Okay okay. I just can't SHADDUP about it. Great time was had by all! GREAT PICS!!
6. Low fare roundup. What's not to love about cheap fares? HA!
7. VIDEO: Sailing on Alaska's Marine Highway. Plus, V-I-P Bridge Tour! Can I drive? HA!
Don't miss the Alaska Travelgram radio show on Tuesdays, 2-3 pm on KUDO 1080AM in Anchorage. Watch the Alaska Travelgram TV (five minutes of fame) segment on KTVA this afternoon…and every Wednesday at 5:00pm on KTVA, CBS 11 in Anchorage. Check out our weekly column in the Alaska Dispatch. They call me a "travel guru". HA--Amazing. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. That's important, since all the airlines pricing people now subscribe to the newsletter…and I often push out the specials FIRST on social media. It's faster. Just a TIP. A HINT. A SUGGESTION. Not a commandment. But I would DO IT if I were you. HA.
Posted: July 8, 2010