Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities Press Releases, Media Advisories and News Alerts
The Taylor Highway is OPEN from Chicken to the junction of the Top of the World Highway (milepost 95).
- Travelers can drive from Chicken to the Canadian Border.
- Please travel with caution—personnel and equipment are working along the road.
- Expect delays. Milepost 81-91 is one-lane, pilot cars are transporting traffic.
The Taylor Highway is CLOSED from the junction of the Top of the World Highway (milepost 95) to Eagle.
- Safety is the greatest concern, crews are working to open at least one lane into Eagle.
- It is still unknown when this section of the Taylor Highway will reopen.For road conditions and updates visit 511.Alaska.Gov or call 511.
Posted: July 22, 2010