Weekly Coal Production Report: January 06, 2014
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended December 28.
For the week ended December 28:
• U.S. coal production totaled approximately 17.8 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 9.0% lower than last week's estimate and 9.3% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2012
• Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled 6.9 mmst
• Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled 10.8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 987.5 mmst, 2.2% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2012
Estimates for weeks and months contained in the third quarter of 2013 have been revised to match the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) data for the third quarter of 2013.
The Weekly Coal Production Report for the week that ended on January 04, 2014 will be released as normal on Thursday January 09, 2014.
For more information:
Posted: January 9, 2014