Public Works Moves
MAT-SU—The Public Works Department for the Matanuska-Susitna Borough has moved across the street from the administration building to a former university building, 533 E. Fireweed Ave in Palmer. The borough entered into a low-cost lease for one year with the university. The move is part of the new addition project for the Dorothy Swanda Jones building, which involves adding space in the former courtyard for offices and new Assembly chambers. Some departments are shifting around to accommodate construction and renovations for a building that dates back to 1935.
See the map, and photo