|  October 1, 2014  |  
Fair   34.0F  |  Forecast »

Pets exposed to fire may be in danger

Any animal exposed to smoke inhalation should be taken to a veterinary clinic.  Animals exposed can present normally and then deteriorate very quickly, potentially within 1-2 hours or less, and can die from the exposure.  Anchorage Animal Care and Control Center and the Municipal Office of Emergency Management encourage pet owners whose animals may have been exposed to smoke in this morning's apartment complex fire to watch their pets carefully and have them checked by a veterinarian.

Anchorage Office of Emergency Management | Municipality of Anchorage | muni.org

Add your comment:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement