Election Workers Needed
Across the nation, there is a shortage of election workers, Anchorage is no exception. We have many capable election workers who have been dedicated
for years and we appreciate their service. As the 2013 Regular Municipal Election approaches we want to encourage those who may not have considered
this opportunity before. We are currently recruiting for additional workers so we can continue to produce timely and accurate Election Results. Working an
Election is a great way to connect with the community in Anchorage; it is civic engagement that allows you to meet your neighbors. Each year, the
Municipality of Anchorage recruits nearly 600 workers for the 120 polling places on Election Day. Please consider becoming an election worker.
On April 2, 2013 Election Workers are needed throughout the entire Municipality of Anchorage from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The requirements for Election Workers are as follows:
• Must be a registered voter in Anchorage;
• Must be able to remain non-partisan while at the polling place;
• Attend a paid three hour mandatory training session;
• Must be able to organize and accurately process paperwork;
• Must be able to follow the provided job instructions accurately;
• This position pays $9.50 per hour for hours worked on both Training and Election Day.
For information, please go to www.muni.org/elections, call 243-VOTE, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: January 15, 2013