Credit Union 1 Releases Total for 2011 Hunger-Fighting Fund
Anchorage, AK – January 26, 2012 – In 2011, Credit Union 1 (CU1) created the One for All Alaska Fund as a vehicle to raise money throughout the state for the credit union’s yearly community service focus, which was fighting hunger. Organizations that work to help Alaskans in need were chosen as beneficiaries in each community where CU1 has a branch. All donations remained in the communities they were raised in.
A grand total of $14,172.66 was distributed from the One for All Alaska Fund to the following organizations:
- Dare to Care (Anchorage)
- The Children’s Lunchbox (Anchorage)
- Chugiak-Eagle River Food Pantry (Eagle River)
- North Star Council on Aging, Meals on Wheels Program (Fairbanks)
- Kenai Peninsula Food Bank (Soldotna)
- Kodiak Island Food Bank (Kodiak)
- Nome Community Food Bank (Nome)
- Ketchikan Salvation Army Food Programs (Ketchikan)
About Credit Union 1: Credit Union 1 is an Alaskan financial cooperative with a mission to help members achieve their financial goals by focusing on excellent service and value. Founded 60 years ago, Credit Union 1 has 15 branches, over 68,000 members, and $787 million in assets. Anyone who lives or works in Alaska is eligible to join Credit Union 1.
Posted: January 27, 2012