Alaska Farm to School Upcoming Events
Tuesday Jan.31, Amy Pettit, Marketing Manager from the Alaska Division of Agriculture, will host a webinar “What is the Specialty Crop Competitive Grant?” Are you interested in applying for the 2012 Specialty Crop Competitive Grant? Get your questions answered prior to applying! Join program manager Amy Pettit in an overview of the Specialty Crop Competitive Grant program. The free session will include:
* a clear definition of what qualifies as a specialty crop;
* examples of previously funded projects;
* examples of required documents including progress & final reports;
* Question and Answer session
To register go to: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/392839526
- Spring 2012 Online Courses for Beginning Farmers is Open for Registration! This Spring we'll be offering 4 online courses - including a new Machinery and Equipment course - to help you continue your farming education.
Courses are taught by experienced Cooperative Extension educators, farmers, and other specialists. Courses run 5-8 weeks, cost $175, and include both real-time meetings (online webinars) and on-your-own time reading and activities. To learn more about each course, please visit http://nebeginningfarmers.org/online-courses/. From this site you can visit our Annual Course Calendar, learn more about our Instructors, see answers to Frequently Asked Questions, read details for each course, and even visit a sample online course.
- January 15th is the deadline to sign up for the Alaska Youth for Environmental Action Civics & Conservation Summit. There theme this year is “Local Food & Wild Salmon”. They have announced that they will be able to fund all youth participant travel expenses to and from Juneau for the event (as well as food and lodging). The only cost will be the $100 registration fee! See http://ayea.org/training-events/ccs/ for more information or contact Claire Berezowitz, (907) 717-7882.
- 43rd Annual AK School Nutrition Association Conference, Egan Center, Anchorage, Feb. 1-3. Registration form can be found at: http://www.aksna.org/AKSNAConferenceFlyerwithRegistrationForm.pdf