For New Year, A New ‘At A Glance’ Personal Financial Management Tool from Wells Fargo: My Money Map
National survey shows people are more sure of their weight than the balance in their bank account; Wells Fargo aims to help San Francisco, Jan. 11, 2011 – Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) today announced the launch of My Money Map, a new, free interactive online tool that enables customers to quickly gain insights into managing their finances and financial future. Wells Fargo combined several of its personal financial management tools into My Money Map, including its My Spending Report and Budget Watch and My Savings Plan®. My Money Map provides a dashboard view of a customer’s financial picture using data from a customer’s Wells Fargo accounts, including his or her Wells Fargo Credit Card, Debit Card, Checking and Savings accounts, and Bill Pay purchases My Money Map’s intuitive “always on” interface has easy to review bar charts that show monthly spending by category, current savings and monthly spending versus budget goals. Totals are automatically updated daily. Patrick Smith, senior vice president of Wells Fargo’s Online Financial Management, said, “In a recent survey by Kelton Research, 72 percent of consumers say they are more likely to know their weight at any given moment than how much money they have in the bank. At Wells Fargo, we’d like to change that. We all know how important it is to set financial goals – we also know that sticking to them is the hard part. My Money Map will help Wells Fargo customers not only set goals, but achieve them. “We all make financial choices every day, and at the end of the month, those choices, big or small, will have moved us closer to our goals or held us back,” Smith said “My Money Map is a great tool to help people track their spending, create a budget, and manage their savings more effectively by keeping their financial goals front and center. My Money Map gives customers convenience, control, simplicity and organization.” In addition to the new My Money Map, Wells Fargo’s innovative suite of online personal financial management and mobile financial services includes:
- My Spending Report and Budget Watch: A patented, free online money management tool that categorizes transactions and enables customers to track their spending by category, so they can find ways to spend less. Also, it helps customers create a budget and monitor their progress throughout the month.
- My Savings Plan®: A free online tool that provides Wells Fargo savings account customers an easy way to save toward a goal and automatically monitor progress.
- Smarter CreditTM center: An online resource that provides information and services to help customers be smarter about credit – whether it’s establishing credit for the first time, reducing debt, getting more credit, or managing and protecting credit for the long term. An educational video series features Wells Fargo team members providing information ranging from how credits works to what lenders look for when reviewing credit applications.
- Wells Fargo MobileSM: Secure mobile account access that enables consumer and small business customers to connect to their Wells Fargo accounts through three easy ways, including text messaging (93557), mobile website (wf.com), and downloadable apps for four of today's most popular smartphones. Customers may access their financial information through Wells Fargo’s AndroidTM, BlackBerry®, iPhone™ and iPod Touch®, and Palm® mobile banking applications ("apps") to quickly log in to check their accounts, pay a bill, transfer funds between accounts or to other Wells Fargo customers, or to find the nearest Wells Fargo ATMs.
- Security/Fraud Prevention: Wells Fargo uses comprehensive controls and procedures to protect customers’ funds and information. Wells Fargo's Fraud Information Center, located on Wells Fargo’s public web site, provides fraud awareness, prevention tips, and resolution tools for all consumers to learn about fraud.