Alaska Delegation Announces Grants and Contracts to Alaska ProgramsWASHINGTON, D.C. – The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants and contracts awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
U.S. Department of Interior - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
· $70,900 grant to Palmer Hay Flats State Game Refuge Inholdings - Spring Creek Conservation Project. Funds will be used to help permanently protect approximately 87 acres of privately owned inholdings within the 28,000 acre refuge.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
· $332,500 special project grant to Anchorage’s Covenant House Alaska for relocation and expansion.
U.S. Department of Defense:
Department of the Army:
· $10,363,735 contract to Marsh Creek, LLC, to provide environmental mediation, removal of hazardous toxic radiological waste services. The work will be performed in Umiat, Alaska.
· $8,614,694 contract to Bristol Environmental and Engineering Services to implement selected remedies for the Northeast Cape (NEC) site, as detailed in the final decision document for NEC hazardous, toxic, and radioactive waste project of September 2009. The work will be performed on Saint Lawrence Island, Alaska.
· $11,626,483.09 contract to Cazador Apparel, LLC, of Anchorage, to procure office furniture and equipment for Base Realignment and Closure 133 project. The work will be performed in Alexandria, Virginia.
Posted: January 8, 2011