Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags

Some Alaska Workers Eligible for Unemployment Tax Refunds


JUNEAU, Alaska—Alaska workers may be eligible for an unemployment tax refund if they worked for more than one employer during 2009, according to the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
“Workers who paid more than a total of $163.50 in unemployment taxes during 2009, because they worked for more than one Alaska employer, can apply for a refund for anything over that amount,” Labor and Workforce Development Commissioner Click Bishop said.
Refund request forms with proof of earnings must be submitted by Dec. 31, 2010. Unemployment Insurance taxes paid by workers may be listed on workers’ W-2 forms or on pay stubs. Workers can also contact their employers for the information.
The refund form is online at labor.alaska.gov/estax/forms/eerefund.pdf or can be requested by mail from the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Employment Security Tax Office, P.O. Box 115509, Juneau, AK 99811-5509.
Edit Module

Add your comment: