Delegation Announces Grants and Contracts to Alaska ProgramsWashington, D.C. - The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants and contracts awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
U.S. Department of Energy:
· $2,854,500 contract awarded to Naknek Electric Association, Inc to identify and test the geothermal resource at Pike's Ridge site in King Salmon for utility scale electric generation and district heating applications.
U.S. Department of the Army:
· $462,304.66 contract awarded to Bearing Sea Environmental, LLC for an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contract for Munitions Response and Environmental Remediation services in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Military Munitions Remediation Program area of responsibility.
· $17,450,531 contract awarded to Bristol Construction Services, LLC to provide labor, materials, and equipment to repair/upgrade the access rail line and on-post rail system at the Military Ocean Terminal, Sunny Point.
U.S. Department of Agriculture:
- $494,000 to University of Alaska Fairbanks for a project titled "Are Alaskan Pollinators Abandoning Native Berries for Exotic Clover?"
- $594,276 Indian Community Development Block grant to the Organized Village of Saxman for the development of viable Native American communities.
- $190,000 Economic Development Initiative award to RurAL Cap, Inc of Anchorage for rural Alaska Head Start facility upgrades, including energy-efficiency measures, health/safety improvements, and increased activity space.
- Those listed below are the Continuum of Care Homeless Assistance awards for Alaska. This program provides funding for a range of assistance to homeless persons, including transitional housing, permanent housing, and a variety of supportive services.
- $55,368 for Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- $100,884 for Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- $107,280 for Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- $120,288 for Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- $297,120 for Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- $18,460 for Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- $104,665 for Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association/6-plex project
- $657,475 for Anchorage Community Mental Health Services, Inc./Permanent Housing
- $207,790 for Anchorage Community Mental Health Services, Inc./Transitional SRO Housing Program
- $84,578 for Anchorage Housing Initiatives, Inc./Coming Home
- $245,629 for Covenant House Alaska/Rights of Passage
- $50,965 for Interior Alaska Center for Non-Violent Loving/Burch Supportive Housing
- $32,824 Interior Alaska Center for Non-Violent Living/Carmen House Transitional Living
- $296,714 for Municipality of Anchorage/Safety Links Program, LINK Project
- $141,168 for Rural Alaska Community Action Program, Inc/Homeward Bound
- $361,073 for Rural Alaska Community Action Program, Inc/Homeward Bound
- $26,350 for St. Vincent de Paul Society Diocesan Council Southeast Alaska/Paul's Place Renewal
- $73,791 for The LeeShore Center/Supportive Housing Program
- $28,212 for Tundra Women's Coalition/TWC Transitional Housing Program
- $102,499 for Valley Residential Services, Inc./Bev's Place
- $46,463 for Valley Residential Services, Inc./New Directions
- $26,340 for Valley Residential Services, Inc./Vaunda/Heritage
More Government & Politics »