Anchorage Youth Employment Program to Hire 20 Youth this Summer
The Municipality of Anchorage Youth employment Program will be hiring 20 Summer Youth Laborers for work in the Anchorage area with the Parks and Recreation Department. Experience is not required. Work will begin at the end of the school year.
1. Perform routine maintenance of parks, playgrounds and ball fields. (Parks only)
2. Plant and weed flower beds, landscaping, and planting of grass.
3. Perform restroom maintenance using appropriate cleaning agents.
4. Paint facility equipment such as benches, bleachers, and restrooms.
5. Pick up litter and empty trash cans.
6. Trim and clear brush.
7. Perform minor repairs to facilities using common hand tools.
8. Work courteously with fellow employees and the public.
Two recruitment sessions are scheduled at the Youth Job Center, 2650 East Northern Lights Blvd, behind King Career Center in Bldg # 2. The sessions are on March 6 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and March 8 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Brad Cooke, the Hiring Manager will be present at both session. Attend one of these sessions for tips on successful interviewing and assistance with completing the application package. Seating is limited, please call 334-2587 to reserve your seating.