Alaska Farm to Schools Events and Grant Opportunities
- Four day workshop on farm business planning hosted by the Alaska Farmland Trust, February 22-25 at the Palmer Depot in Palmer, Alaska. Learn how you can grow a strong business or transition your business to the next generation. The cost is $35 and distance learning options are available. For more information on the web: Click Here or contact John or Margaret at 907-745-3336.
- Alaska Botanical Garden’s 6th Annual Spring Garden Conference, March 9th-10th, Anchorage. The conference title this year is “Extend the Season, Expand your Mind”, for more information go to: http://www.alaskabg.org/
Out of state
- 6th National Farm to Cafeteria Conference: Digging In! August 2-5, 2012 in Burlington, Vermont. They are now accepting workshop and poster session submissions: http://farmtocafeteriaconference.org/6/ Conference registration will open May 2012. Attached is a Save the Date postcard
- School Nutrition Association’s 2012 Annual Conference, July 15-18 in Denver, Colorado. For more information go to: http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Level2_ANC2012.aspx?id=15698
- “Buying the Right Produce at the Right Price”, a webinar sponsored by USDA, Food and Nutrition Service’s Office of Food Safety and School Nutrition Foundation: http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=16600. This webinar was aired on Feb 15th and the archived presentation can be viewed at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/898040026 There is even a certificate for earning 1 SNA Continuing Education Unit (CEU) for viewing the webinar: Proof of Attendance/CEU Form
- Alaska Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) Program is anticipating an official extension to the deadline for pre-proposals from Friday, February 24th to Wednesday, March 21st. In the near future more information will be available at www.grants.gov<http://www.grants.gov> under USDA-NRCS-AK-12-001; and on the NRCS Alaska CIG webpage: http://www.ak.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/CIG_AlaskaStatewide.html
CIG Program Contact
Karen Dearlove Karen.Dearlove@ak.usda.gov<mailto:Karen.Dearlove@ak.usda.gov>
Phone 907-283-8732 x114
- Everybody at the Table for Health (EAT4Health) is a three-year national leadership development initiative of the Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation supported by multiple funding partners that aims to fill gaps in the existing food policy advocacy ecosystem in order to make it more inclusive of low-income and people of color communities, more responsive to grassroots needs and ideas, and more effective in terms of protecting the environment, promoting good health, and rebuilding strong local economies. For more information: Click here The Letter of Intent (LOI) due date is March 2nd, 2012.
check us out of facebook: www.facebook.com/AlaskaFarmToSchool