Nominate Today! Heart of Anchorage Awards
Submit nomination forms by February 24th
Anchorage, Alaska (February 18, 2011) - Nominations for the 2011 Heart of Anchorage Awards are now being accepted by Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd. The nominations are due by 5 P.M. on Thursday, February 24th, 2011.
The awards are a way to recognize employees of downtown businesses or organizations who go above and beyond normal job responsibilities with outstanding or unusual service to the visitor, customer and community.
The 2011 Heart of Anchorage Awards will be held in the ConocoPhillips Atrium on March 26th, 2011 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The awards recognize businesses, employees or volunteers in six (6) categories for both for profit and not-for-profit businesses.
Award categories include:
· Chugach Mountain Award - employee/organization with outstanding customer service skills
· Dena'ina Award - team/group with outstanding leadership contributions to Downtown Anchorage
· Ship Creek Landing Award - entrepreneur starting a new business in Downtown (last 3 years)
· Spirit of Alaska Award - volunteer in the Downtown community
· George M. Sullivan Award - manager that demonstrates strong leadership qualities
· Captain James Cook Award - exterior entrance or storefront design on a new or remodeled business (last 3 years)
For more information about the awards or to complete the nomination form online, please visit www.anchoragedowntown.org.