ExxonMobil Announces Mobil Super Family of Premium Motor Oils
February 04, 2011 12:34 PM Eastern Time
New Line of Motor Oils Designed to Help Extend Long Engine Life
- Mobil Super family helps extend engine life and includes three premium motor oils: Mobil Super, Mobil Super High Mileage and Mobil Super Synthetic.
- The Mobil Super family provides outstanding protection against sludge buildup and engine wear and is guaranteed to protect against damage to critical engine parts.
- Products will begin arriving at retail and installers nationwide in February 2011.
"Since drivers put different demands on their vehicles, ExxonMobil's new Mobil Super family of premium-quality automotive engine oils offers an ideal solution to help consumers select the right motor oil to match the level of engine protection they need."
Mobil Super is already a successful brand marketed by ExxonMobil in Europe, Asia and Latin America, and it will now be available to drivers in the United States. The complete line of automotive engine oils will be available at retail and installer locations beginning in February.
The Mobil Super family includes three products, allowing consumers to choose the right one for their particular needs:
- Mobil Super: A premium conventional motor oil that helps extend engine life by preventing sludge and reducing wear. Mobil Super is guaranteed to deliver proven protection for up to 5,000 miles between oil changes and features extra cleaning additives. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super High Mileage: Specifically designed to help extend engine life in higher-mileage vehicles, this motor oil combines sludge prevention and wear protection with anti-oxidants that help to reduce oil breakdown. Mobil Super High Mileage is also formulated with a seal conditioner to help prevent leaks and reduce oil consumption. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super Synthetic: A full synthetic motor oil that is proven to outperform Mobil-branded conventional and synthetic-blend motor oils to help extend engine life by delivering outstanding protection in high temperatures, along with the sludge prevention and wear protection properties. It is available in 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 viscosities.
The Mobil Super family of products (with the exception of 10W-40 viscosities) meets or exceeds the ILSAC GF-5 standard and is backed the Mobil Super Engine Guarantee. This program gives drivers peace of mind by guaranteeing that Mobil Super products will help prevent any oil-related failure of critical engine parts. In the event of equipment failure due to use of Mobil Super, ExxonMobil will repair or replace any equipment damage directly caused by a defect or malfunction of the lubricant. Coverage begins from the first day of an oil change with a Mobil Super product and is valid for as long as consumers own that vehicle and continue using Mobil Super at appropriate oil-change intervals. For full details about the Mobil Super Engine Guarantee, go to mobil.com/guarantee.
The Mobil Super products also meet or exceed warranty requirements where an API-certified oil is specified. Additional information about the Mobil Super Family and other ExxonMobil lubricants can be found at mobil.com/mobilsuper.
About ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties
ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties is a leading marketer of finished lubricants, asphalts and specialty products, as well as one of the world's largest suppliers of lubricant base stocks.
ExxonMobil, Mobil, Mobil 1, and the 1 Icon are trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) or one of its subsidiaries.
The Mobil Super family helps extend engine life and includes three premium motor oils: Mobil Super High Mileage, Mobil Super and Mobil Super Synthetic (L to R) (Photo: Business Wire).
Posted: February 4, 2011
More Latest News »