Delegation Announces Grants and Contracts to Alaska Programs
Washington, D.C. - The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants and contracts awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
U.S. Department of the Army – Office of the Chief Legislative Liaison:
- $17,653,737 to SHAW Environmental and Infrastructure, Incorporated. This contract provides all labor, personnel, supervision, administration, materials, equipment, tools, and transportation necessary to perform Public Works functions at the following general locations: Donnelly, Yukon, and Black Rapids training areas.
U.S. Department of the Interior:
- $749,000,000 to state and territorial fish and wildlife agencies for fish and wildlife projects.
U.S. Department of Transportation:
- $ 14,598,601 to Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority. This grant provides funds for the design, right-of-way acquisition, and construction activities for the Ketchikan Improve Drydock and Marine Facilities project.
- $969,233 to City of Wasilla. This grant will provide federal funding to Wasilla Airport.
- $300,000 to Municipality of Anchorage. This grant will provide federal funding to Merrill Field.
- $965,111 to State of Alaska/Department of Transportation and Public Facilities. This grant will provide federal funding for snow removal equipment at airports across Alaska including: Gustavus, Haines, Hoonah, Petersburg and Skagway.
- $3,105,000 to State of Alaska/Department of Transportation and Public Facilities. This grant will provide federal funding for snow removal equipment at airports across Alaska including: Aniak, Atka, homer, Nondalton, Port Heiden and Sand Point.
U.S. General Services Administration:
- $75,724 to Garness Engineering Group, LLC. This contract provides for water system upgrades at Alcan Border Station.
Posted: February 25, 2011