AlaskaACT E-News - February 4, 2011
AlaskaACT in 2011
We're off to a Great Start!
Happy New Year from the AlaskaACT Steering Committee
We made some real progress in 2010! We made a big impression at SeaTrade and were even lucky enough to have Governor Parnell attend the event. We reduced the passenger vessel head tax with grassroots efforts by our membership and alliance with ATIA, and Princess Cruise Lines is bringing back a ship in 2012! We could not have done it without you!
Goals for 2011:
1. AlaskaACT fully supports a mechanism to fund ATIA's generic marketing plan on a continued yearly $20 million level.
2. AlaskaACT will continue to advocate for a strong tourism business climate in Alaska for fair and equitable taxes with reasonable regulations on the cruise line industry (Regulations include: wastewater, smoke readings, and ocean rangers).
3. AlaskaACT will oppose all inequitable taxation on the tourism industry.
4. AlaskaACT will review proposed head tax-funded projects and ensure head tax money is being spent appropriately.
5. AlaskaACT will continue to advise media on honest and accurate reporting of the cruise and tourism industries.
If you have any other ideas, comments, or suggestions on priorities for AlaskaACT to focus on, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AlaskaACT, 121 W. Fireweed, Suite 250, Anchorage, AK 99503