Alaska Delegation Announces Grants and Contracts to Alaska Programs
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants and contracts awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
U.S. Department of Transportation:
· $636,790 to the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority for construction of the maintenance and repair facilities of the Alaska Ship and Drydock facility in Ketchikan.
· $24,996,801 to Olgoonik Logistics, LLC of Anchorage, to provide vehicles and parts for a three year period.
U.S. Department of Agriculture:
· $327,000 to Kenai Peninsula Food Bank for renovations of the facility.
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation & Enforcement:
· $135,169 to Kenai Peninsula Borough for the administration and planning costs of Alaska’s Coastal Impact Assistance Program.
· $136,400 to the State of Alaska for assessing background levels of hydrocarbon contamination in the Pribilof Island Rock Sandpiper population in Cook Inlet, to determine potential impacts of oil development in the region.
Posted: February 14, 2011